*If you are located in European Economic Area (“EEA”), please refer to “EEA Specific Privacy Statement” for further information on how your personal data is handled and protected.
What We Do With Your Personal Data
Definition of Personal Information and Personal Data
- "Personal Data" means:
any information about an individual, whether recorded in a material form or not and whether true or not, who can be identified from that data (whether directly or indirectly), or from that data and other data to which an organisation has or are likely to have access; and/or
such other information as may be specified in the definition of “personal information” or “personal data” or equivalent terms under applicable Data Protection Laws.
“Data Protection Laws” means all statutes, regulations, orders, regulatory requirements, by laws, ordinances, rules, notices, judicial interpretation, national standards, subordinate legislation and other laws or other like legal instruments relating to the Processing of Personal Data, which are applicable to the Processing of Personal Data by LIXIL.
“Process” means the collection, use, disclosure, storage, provision, transmission, destruction, deletion and other form of processing of Personal Data, and variations of this term (including but not limited to “Processed”, “Process” and “Processes”) shall be construed accordingly.
- Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect Personal Data
- LIXIL may Process the following information:
- personal particulars (e.g. prefix, name, nickname, age, sex, date of birth, nationality, photograph, signature);
- personal contact information (e.g. personal phone number, email address, mailing address);
- identification information where permitted under law (e.g. identity card and passport numbers);
- professional details (e.g. job position, department, company name, business email address, contact numbers, address, professional affiliation/association, professional registration/licensing information, educational qualifications);
- transaction information (e.g. order/transaction history and details, tax information, bank account);
- other information (e.g. CCTV recordings, details of your visits to our premises, recordings of conversations with our call centres or telephone helplines, interests and hobbies).
- LIXIL may collect and hold Personal Data:
- from you where you interact with us (e.g. by providing documentation or business cards to us, registering to participate in our events, visiting our stores, or where you communicate with us whether by email, phone, fax or any other channel of communication);
- from you where you use or interact with our websites, online platforms or social media accounts; and
- from third parties such as distributors, dealers and event organisers of events sponsored by LIXIL.
- The purposes of Processing
LIXIL will Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Customer’s Personal Data
Employment-related Personal Data
- transacting with you, processing your payments, and providing goods and services to you;
- performing customer surveys and market research, and carrying out research, data and statistical analysis;
- communicating with you and responding to your queries, complaints or requests concerning LIXIL, and products and/or services which LIXIL offers;
- providing or undertaking after-sales services, technical support, maintenance services or similar services in relation to products and services you have purchased;
- processing your registration for and, managing and facilitating your participation in our events, programmes, awards and promotions;
- developing new products and new services;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and employees (including through the use of a CCTV system);
- taking photographs and/or videos of you at our stores and our events for internal dissemination within LIXIL, and generating publicity materials for our events and promotions;
- managing the administrative and business operations of LIXIL and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights, and complying with our legal obligations;
- conducting audits, reviews and analysis of our internal processes;
- facilitating business asset transactions (including mergers, acquisitions or asset sales) involving any LIXIL company;
- providing you with access and use of our websites and systems, including hosting and storing information provided to us;
- for marketing purposes including:
- advertising new products and services to you based on your preferences;
- providing information, plans, details, specifications, brochures, magazines, or catalogues of LIXIL products and services, or similar materials that you have requested, by means such as direct or electronic mail;
- sending you newsletters and updates;
- administering and facilitating your participation in any promotions, product launches, discounts or similar programmes;
- providing promotional gifts or other forms of promotional material to you; and
- for the purpose of introducing you to businesses whom LIXIL has partnered with.
In the event that you contact LIXIL with questions or comments, your call or other form of communication may be recorded. Such recordings may be used to verify the details of conversations and to better provide responsive services.
If you do not agree to provide us with your Personal Data or otherwise allow us to have access to your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services, or contract with you.
Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
- for verifying and processing your application for a job vacancy or internship, and evaluating your suitability, eligibility or qualifications for employment with LIXIL;
- recruitment activities (including sending you updates and alerts relating to job vacancies for which you might be suitable);
- contacting successful candidates in relation to joining LIXIL;
- using application information of successful candidates for employee or intern onboarding purposes;
- complying with applicable legal and regulatory requirements in relation to employment; and
- for other purposes in relation to recruitment or employment activities.
Management of Personal Data
- Subject to applicable Data Protection Laws, LIXIL may provide your Personal Data to third parties (including third parties in foreign countries):
- where your prior consent is obtained;
- where Personal Data is provided to third-parties which Process Personal Data in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve any of the purposes listed in Section 3;
- where Personal Data is disclosed to or shared with third-parties for the conduct joint marketing, cross promotions or similar business activities;
- where Personal Data is provided to process your payments, such as to banks, credit card companies, and other payment service providers;
- where Personal Data is provided following a business transfer due to a merger or other reason; or
- where otherwise permitted under applicable law.
- Third-parties to whom LIXIL may disclose your personal data include LIXIL affiliates, its agents, contractors, vendors, service providers and business partners.
- In addition to training and educating all LIXIL's officers and employees on LIXIL’s data protection processes, LIXIL will strive to appropriately manage Personal Data.
- LIXIL will strive to maintain the security of our website, etc., by preventing unauthorized access to, or leakage or loss of, or damage, etc., to Personal Data.
- LIXIL will conclude subcontracts with our subcontractors that include non-disclosure provisions. LIXIL will make efforts to have our subcontractors appropriately handle and secure Personal Data, and will put in place appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised disclosure to third parties, or use of Personal Data beyond the scope of purposes listed in Section 3. above.
Subject to applicable Data Protection Laws, LIXIL will retain or store your Personal Data for as long as the purposes listed in Section 3(1) are still being served. LIXIL may also retain or store your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies.
Your Personal Data Rights
- Where available under applicable Data Protection Laws, you may be able to:
- exercise rights to access, correct, add to, delete, have LIXIL cease the use of, remove, have LIXIL cease the provision of, or order the blocking of, your Personal Data;
- have the right to be informed if your personal data will be or has been Processed;
- make a complaint with the appropriate authority and to damages duly awarded through the relevant legal or regulatory process in your jurisdiction; and
- make a complaint if you think we have breached applicable Data Protection Laws, by directly contacting "LIXIL Corporation Personal Data Inquiry Center" described in Section 12 below. We will investigate complaints about the way we manage Personal Data and respond to you in due course (within the time period required by applicable Data Protection Laws).
Notification of Changes to this Statement
- You should carefully manage the use of your ID and password. LIXIL bears no responsibility for any damage that you may incur arising from any unauthorized use thereof if you fail to do so. If you have registered an account based on falsified facts or information of another person, we may suspend use of your ID and password.
- LIXIL is not responsible for the protection, management or other handling of Personal Data and any other information provided using any third-party websites that have been linked to LIXIL's website.
- A cookie is a small text file that the website sends to your device for the purpose of keeping records. It identifies your device, typically your web browser, but it cannot identify you as an individual.
- Cookies necessary for a personalized user experience remember your preferences (e.g. language used) as well as your activities (e.g. login status, items in cart, etc.) on our website, while other cookies provide enhanced functionality, gather analytical data to improve performance, enable us or our Adtech partners to deliver personalized advertisements by tracking you across the internet, or enable sharing via social media.
- You can choose whether to allow us or third-parties (our Adtech and social media partners) to set cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website via the cookie banner and settings provided on the individual websites (available where legally required).
Google Analytics Terms of Service: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/jp.html
Google Analytics Opt-put Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=ja
LIXIL's website automatically encrypts and transmits information over the Internet, and communicates with secure sockets layer (SSL/TSL) to transmit forms. However, if you don’t use a browser which supports TLS version1.2 or later functionality of SSL/TSL may be adversely affected. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
If you have any queries, requests or complaints regarding LIXIL’s processing of your personal data, you may contact us at through our local offices as follows:
Australia and New Zealand
LIXIL Australia Pty Ltd
Unit 2/2 - 4 Clarice Road, Box Hill South, 3128, Victoria, Australia
Palma Tower Bldg, 11th Floor
Jl. RA Kartini II S Kav 6 Sektor II
Pondok Pinang, Kebayoran Lama, Jakarta Selatan, 12310.
LIXIL India Pvt. Ltd
Gurgaon IN, LIXIL India Pvt. Ltd. 10th floor, Baani, Address One, Golf Course Rd, Sector 56, Gurugram, Haryana 122011
GROHE Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 8-01A, 8th Floor,Menara Tan & Tan, 207, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
LIXIL Myanmar Limited
Unit 6003, Pyay Garden Office Tower, # 346-354 Pyay Road, Sanchaung Township ,Yangon Region 11111, Myanmar
LIXIL Philippines Inc.
Unit 2201-T, 22nd Floor, SM Aura Tower , 26th Street corner McKinley Parkway
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Philippines 1630
Introduced: 10 January 2023